Looking for a quick and easy way to handle the breakfast rush? The key to eating a nutritious breakfast is to plan ahead. On busy days, it is great to have this in the freezer, ready to microwave and go.
1 dozen eggs
½ cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package frozen hash browns
£ 1 breakfast sausage
1 jar Salsa
8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
20 flour tortilla medium size
You have parchment paper and ziplock bag packaging and freezing
1. Prepare hash browns according to package.
2. Fry breakfast sausage.
3. Scramble the eggs with the milk and salt and pepper.
4. Mix hash browns, sausage and egg in a large bowl.
5. Mix cheeses.
6. On the square of wax paper, place one tortilla.
7. Put a few tablespoons of hash brown, sausage and egg mixture into the tortilla in line, slightly off center. The amount depends on the size tortilla, but can not afford too full.
8. Add a tablespoon of salsa thinly along the top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle cheese on top of everything.
9. Fold the ends gently, then fold over one side and roll up.
10. Roll up the parchment paper, put in a ziplock bag, and repeat with the next tortilla.
11. Add the tortillas in the freezer.
12. When finished eating, place the tortillas in the microwave on high for one minute. Add 1 minute for the second tortilla and 30 seconds for each additional tortilla.
Now that you’ve tried this recipe, be creative. Maybe afford tortilla with leftover mashed potatoes and roast beef. Try ham with macaroni and cheese. Use your imagination and the leftovers to create a healthy breakfast that can be ready in a minute. Enjoy!